Holy moly what a week it has been and it’s only Wednesday, and that isn’t even over yet. Man, do I seriously look forward to Saturday morning where I don’t have to wake up to an alarm clock. I start the day with a nice Americano, head to my local farmers market to get my produce for the week, come home and fire up the smoker and start cooking. I don’t need a sandy beach, I don’t need a Corona in my hand, all I need is some bomb.com grass-fed meat, my smoker, and my friends. Preferably all my roomies from Austin you can read about HERE but that isn’t feasible right now. I really am a simple man. Reading my BFF Juli’s blog over at PaleOMG makes me tired sometimes, she is a maniac. In a good way. Professional multi-tasker right there and also training for Regionals. INSANE. Yea, so in case you didn’t know, me and Juli were separated at birth, but I haven’t told her that yet, so we will just keep it a secret. We can just let her keep thinking we get along so well, ’cause I am as awesome as she is. Oh speaking of awesome, I can’t believe I almost forgot……….See below picture haha.
One of my closest and dearest friends Jessi just started a blog. Get this, she was a vegetarian for 8 years and I guess my constant nagging, as well as me feeding her husband yumminess finally wore her down…. Haha but anyways, she always says everything is “Friggen Delish” so we decided to name her page Paleo Friggen Delish. You all need to go check it out and show her some love, only 3 recipes on there right now but trust me, she will be knocking your socks off. She is like the Chuck Norris of cooking,. She went to culinary school but they politely asked her to leave because she was intimidating the instructors. Enough said. Her Website is HERE and her Facebook page is HERE. Go show her some love please, and welcome her to the right side
Oh yea, one more thing. Today is Day 4 of my 30 Day Sugar Detox, and I FEEL AMAZING. I don’t think I would be handling the stress I have right now if it wasn’t for this amazing program getting me back to square one. You can do it anytime for as long as you want so please feel free to join me. It will be the second best thing you ever do; the first was going primal/paleo. If your in, click on the picture and start sharing your meals on my facebook wall. Can’t wait to see!
- Preheat your grill on high
- Ensure you have allowed your steak to come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes to ensure even cooking temperatures
- Rub bacon fat on both sides of your steak and season with my Caveman Rub to your preference
- Go grill the steak to your taste liking. On the high heat I did mine for about 3 minutes per side. This depends on the thickness of your steak and how you like it done. I normally pull mine off at 135 Degrees F and let it rest for 10 minutes so it normally cooks to 142-ish.
- When done grilling, ensure you cover the steak with aluminum foil for 10 minutes to let rest and reabsorb its juices
- Plate your steak over any yummy vegetables you want. I did some grilled asparagus and enjoy your meal
***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.