You can never go wrong with a perfectly cooked juicy burger. There is something comforting about that familiar bite when a little grease drips down your pinky. At least there is for me. It really is hard to make burgers better, but I discovered the secret. This avocado stuffed burger recipe is life changing. Don’t believe me, go read the comments because these become a weekly staple in most households.
Avocado Stuffed Burger
So this recipe was born thanks to some awesome farmers I always have at my local farmers market. I will admit that I am lucky I live in California and always have access to delicious avocados. One of my local farmers at a plethora of ripe avocados and he threw me a bag. My first thought was what am I going to do with all of these and then I realized I shouldn’t be complaining about the excess of green gold.
I only needed 2 avocados to make this delicious avocado stuffed burger. I remembered that I had a couple pounds of delicious grass fed ground beef defrosted from Butcher Box and just started looking around for inspiration. Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Lemons caught my eye and I decided that’s where I was going with this one. Boom, avocado stuffed burger for the win.
Like I stated earlier, this avocado stuffed burger recipe is phenomenal and you will find yourself eating more of the filling than you put in the burgers. I am a self admitted happy fat kid and you should have seen my face making these burgers. Truth is, if you ever catch me in the kitchen my face is normally covered with some sort of delicious creation. Avocados from these burgers, chocolate from all my brownie creations and so on. My theory is I am saving dishes by licking the bowl.
If you run into a similar problem as I did with the extra avocados, you will need some other recipes to use. Of course I would recommend this avocado stuffed burger the most, and here are some other favorites.
And just one more quick note before I go:
Do you have an Instagram? If not, you can follow my journey online without an account or if you have one you can follow me anyways.
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef from the awesome Butcher Box
- 2 avocados, ripe
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped NO OIL
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (makes it salty depending on your sun-dried tomatoes)
- Bacon fat (Optional)
- Preheat your grill to medium-medium high heat
- Put your ground beef in a large mixing bowl and add black pepper, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and the zest of one lemon
- Mix well and then using your hands form into thin patties all the same size (you need them thin because you will be using two of them to make one patty)
- In another mixing bowl combine avocados, sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice, and the remaining teaspoon of sea salt.
- Mash the avocado and mix ingredients well to get as smooth as you like
- Place your avocado mixture on top of the bottom of half of the burgers, ensuring you leave room to seal the burgers without it leaking out
- Put your other patty over the top of your mixture and pinch the edges of your burgers together to seal all the way around
- Now go out and grill to your liking. I normally do about 6-8 Minutes per side on my grill but yours may be different. Ensure you cook evenly on both sides of the burger or you will end up with an undercooked and an overcooked side
- While grilling, I drizzle my burgers with bacon grease and it adds an amazing flavor
- When done grilling, allow your burgers to rest for 10 minutes and then serve. You can use the rest of your avocado mixture to top your burgers with and go to town
Get our Weekly Recipes
Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly.