Wow so I can honestly say this is the longest recipe I have ever made. Not because it is going to take you a long time, but because I took 6 hours to come up with 4 different flavors, test them all, style them all, and then take awesome photographs of them all. Honestly though, the photo you see below this paragraph is the proudest food photo I have ever taken. I literally danced when I got it on my computer and my dancing is not pretty, thank god the picture is. So honestly, just a few wickets I would like to cover before the recipe. First, you are AWESOME. Second, I have made some changes to the site and would just like your help. There is a floating like and share bar on the left side of your screen, if you like anything I do, please use this. It helps spread the good word and shares the love so thank you. I also added a Pin This button to each photo, just hover your mouse over the food photos and look, Fancy huh? Third, I finally got my newsletter up and running efficiently. I have added plenty of spaces for you to subscribe, so please do that to not miss a beat. You can subscribe up top, on the right, or at the bottom of the post. This will be important when I start doing giveaways again and for some other secret squirrel projects coming up. Finally, in case you didn’t know, I released my first book and you can get it by clicking the banner above this paragraph. I would love your feedback and hope you love it.
I am actually out of things to say. Not like that is normally a problem but as I type all I can see is these amazing Pumpkin Butter Cups staring me in the face, so I just want to go eat more. It is really distracting after I did such a good job not eating them all when I was making them. Honestly, I feel like someone should nominate me for some bravery and courage award, because it took intense amounts of both to share these with other people. And just in case you are still reading and missed it in the first paragraph, you are still AWESOME.
I really don’t have anything else to talk about, but the post just looks better with text below the picture before the recipe. Actually I remembered something, how do you guys like my new food photos. I have been trying to step my game up a bit, thoughts? Please leave me a comment and let me know. I really do love hearing about what you think or even if it
sucks. I crossed that word out because I pray it doesn’t. Well that is all, enjoy everyone.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons sweetener of your choice, honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of enjoy life chocolate chips, or
- 1 cup of any chocolate or dark chocolate of your choice
- Place your chocolate in a double boiler over low heat and stir until melted
- Keep the temperature on low so you don’t burn your chocolate
- Once your chocolate is prepared, line a baking sheet with silicone muffin liners or paper muffin liners (these might stick, I don’t know)
- Spoon chocolate in each muffin liner to fill the bottom
- Using a brush, paint chocolate around the sides and bottom of the muffin liner so there is a layer of chocolate covering all the bottoms
- Place in the refrigerator and let set for 30 minutes
- Using any of the fillings listed above in the ingredients, place small spoonfuls in the mold, ensure you don’t overfill so the chocolate you pour over can bond with the cold chocolate
- Using your remaining melted chocolate, fill the cups until the filling is covered
- Place back in the refrigerator for 45-60 minutes to let set
- Remove from the refrigerator and if using silicone molds, you can pop them out and plate or you can leave them in paper muffin liners
- Store in the refrigerator in a ziploc bag or airtight container
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****