I am back to creating some recipes now. I never really left but all the recipe brain power went into our brand new book The Paleo Kitchen which is available for purchase now. The extremely talented and hilarious Juli Bauer from PaleOMG and I teamed up to create this book together. We spent 12 months creating, cooking, testing, photographing and writing recipes and content to make your cooking experiences simple and loaded with laughter. We truly believe that cooking should be fun and enforced that idea on every page of this book. It is 336 pages of recipes all with full page color photographs, content, tips, tricks and even tear outs to make your shopping and cooking lives simple.
I have spent a lot of time the past few months envisioning where we are going to take Civilized Caveman Cooking in the future. I am crystal clear and working behind the scenes here to deliver an out of this world user-experience that is loaded with the best recipes, articles, meal plans, videos and more. I am now posting 3-4-5 or more videos a week on my new YouTube Channel as well as emailing fresh content more often. My goal is to overload you with so much love, recipes, and information that we become instant best friends and you visit me daily. I will also be giving out as many free hugs as possible every day, so I hope you hop in line daily.
Would you like to know a secret? This is my eleventh brownie recipe on this website!! I think I like brownies a lot and I totally own that. Are you in that boat with me cherishing every delicious chocolate bite? Give yourself a high five for saying yes and then start making these mouth watering morsels. Leave me a comment sharing your thoughts, tips or tricks. Maybe like eating these topped with my Chocolate Frosting. Hint hint.
- 2 cups of almond butter (can use sun-butter, cashew, macadamia nut butter or a mixture to total 2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup raw organic honey, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips, melted (or dark chocolate)
- 1 very ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, blend your almond butter and eggs to make a smooth batter
- Add in the honey and the vanilla and mix well
- Add the salt, baking soda, and then SLOWLY add in the Cacao powder (or else you will take a chocolate powder bath like I did the first time)
- Now fold in the melted chocolate and banana, and mix well
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish with coconut oil or whatever oil you see fit and bake for 35-40 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.