Welcome to all my new friends from Fox 5 San Diego. I am so excited that you stopped by to try this delicious recipe and you are in the right place. Before we start though, I just wanted you to know that I am giving away a 16-Cup Food Processor that you can enter to win in less than a minute for FREE. Might as well give you a brand new toy to whip this recipe together with. Well before you get to the recipe, here is a sneak peek at the Food Processor you might win :)
Now here is confession time, this recipe was a delicious mistake. I was perfecting my paleo pancake recipe that will be coming soon and I thought, why not Banana bread. Every recipe I have seen for Paleo Banana Bread has been loaded with nut flours and only 1 banana or so and ripe bananas at that. Newsflash, it is banana bread so I wanted to make it about bananas. And there was no better way then to throw 4 of them in here. The only reason I found out I did not need ripe bananas either, was because of my extreme impatience as well as hunger at the time. So with that, I give you what I am naming my Perfect Paleo Bread.
You can whip this batter up in probably 5 minutes if you are efficient and then move onto another meal or dessert. When you are finished baking this, SLATHER it in grass-fed butter and drizzle with some raw honey. If you are feeling froggy you can also sprinkle with some cinnamon or eat as is. I PURPOSELY left out all sweeteners in this recipe, and it is delicious as is but feel free to adjust if you like. I honestly think this banana bread recipe has the ability to change lives, paleo or not. It is the easiest and most delicious recipe I have made to date.
If you love this recipe, I would appreciate you leaving a comment with a rating and sharing it with all your friends or loved ones. There are buttons on the top and bottom of this post to help with that, and in doing so you help support me keeping this site up and running. Oh yeah, and I added that awesome Pin It button to each image, so please use that. I was going to try and write more, but I just stared at this screen for 30 minutes and could not think of another word. So that is my cue to go get some much needed beauty sleep. And if you saw me in my footed pajamas you know I could use it.
Which photo is your favorite?
- 4 bananas, (2 1/2 cups mashed or 575 grams)(they can be yellow bananas)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (140 grams)(or coconut, sunflower seed, macadamia nut, etc butter)
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted (can substitute coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (75 grams)(or almond flour, macadamia nut meal, etc)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Combine your bananas, eggs, and nut butter, and grass-fed butter in a blendtec, blender, food processor, or mixing bowl and mix well (if using a mixing bowl you need a good hand-mixer)
- Once all of your ingredients are blended, add in your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt and mix well
- Grease a 9x5 glass (see notes) loaf pan with a fat of your choice (I used grass-fed butter). If you use a metal pan it will probably bake in 35-40 minutes so start checking at 35 to ensure the middle stays moist
- Pour in your batter and spread it evenly throughout
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and flip your bread out onto a cooling rack
- Slice and serve
- Cranberry Orange - Only use 3 tablespoons of butter. Add zest of one whole orange diced, juice of one whole orange, and1 cup dried cranberries or fresh if you want
- Chocolate Blueberry - Add 1 cup of fresh blueberries and 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- Pumpkin Pecan - Reduce the almond butter to 1/4 cup and add 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree and 1 cup of roughly chopped pecan pieces
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****