So my amazing friend Jen from Cutting Edge Kettlebells challenged me to make her a treat that had no added sweeteners and no almond flour, this is what I came up with on the fly and she loved it, hope you do too. Be careful with this “cake” though, it is very delicate when done and I cooled it after baking it to help it stay together, once set though it is wonderful and you can eat them warm or cold and they are amazing either way.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Place your almonds and macadamia nuts in your food processor and blend down until you have very small chunks
- Combine your nuts in a mixing bowl with your coconut oil, eggs, lemon and mix well
- Slowly fold in your coconut flour and mix well, set aside
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add all your frozen fruit and continue to saute until all your fruit is falling apart and you have a nice reduction
- Using a potato masher crush all the fruit in your pan and let cool
- Combine your fruit reduction with the dough mixture and mix well
- Place in an oiled 8x11 inch pyrex dish and bake for 30 minutes. The top of your cake should look cooked but not burnt.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the top with coconut flakes to your liking and then bake for 5-7 more minutes or until coconut has started to brown
- Remove from the oven and let cool, I placed mine in the refrigerator for an hour
- Remove and then cut to the size of your liking and enjoy
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***