Honey Muffins

post banner cavemanfeast Honey Muffins

So one of the biggest challenges that people are faced with when they go Paleo, is they never have breakfast options.  They either don’t have time or are just bored with eggs.  That is where these muffins come into the picture.  Make these in advance and go to town on flavor combinations.  Add fruit, spices, nuts or anything you can dream of and keep them handy in the fridge.  When you are in a rush you can grab a handful and enjoy on your drive.

IMG 0129 1024x768 Honey Muffins

4.9 from 15 reviews

Honey Muffins

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Serves: 6
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F
  2. Mix together your eggs, honey, coconut oil, coconut milk, salt and vanilla
  3. Sift together your baking powder and coconut flour and then combine with your wet ingredients
  4. Mix your batter well and then fold in your chopped pecans if you are using them
  5. If not, divide your batter into 6 muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes
  6. Enjoy

****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****

Email subscription

Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly

arrow orange Honey Muffins

Honey Muffins  Honey Muffins  Honey Muffins  Honey Muffins

Comments

1. I was really skepical about how these would be but I need something to trick my mind into thinking I am eating carbs lol. Trying this Paleo diet has not been easy for me. And I have to say these muffins are delish! I have made 3 batches so far and I really love them. They taste buttery!! I did add a little less salt and a little more honey just to see what works best for me but the original recipe is great as is. I am hoping to try that banana bread soon!

2. I’ve been looking for the perfect paleo muffin recipe, and I couldn’t wait to try this one when I cam across it. I love blueberry muffins so I added blueberries to the mix after I’d combined the wet and dry ingredients…….the only hiccup was that I added FROZEN blueberries. And promptly discovered that frozen blueberries and coconut oil do not mix – literally! Oops. Because of the blueberries (I think) the muffins took longer than 15 minutes (I had them in for 25, but they would probably have been ready in 20) but they were delicious! The honey flavour wasn’t overpowering, and the muffin itself was pretty light. Will definitely be making this one again!

3. Love your website. I was trying to find something to fix my kids for breakfast because they are tired of eggs. These muffins came out perfect and just to let you know…I thought the batter looked similar to a pancake batter. I made more and cooked them up in a skillet and they were perfect little pancakes. Keep up what you are doing!

4. Make these each week for lunchboxes.
    The children love them.
    Also make the banana muffins which are equally as nice!
    Thanks :)

5. Stephanie says:

Went to try these out for my boyfriend and the batter was runny. Is it supposed to be runny? Also is there a way to do this with almond flour/oil/milk? I’m allergic to coconuts :( i would love to try them as well!

• Stephanie it is a pretty lose batter so yes it is runny but it should still bake up. Yes you can use almond milk but not flour. This recipe is dependent on coconut flour

6. I made these last night, and they are delicious. I used paper liners, and mine too stuck, but regardless, I enjoyed them. I added a little honey on top after they came out and cooled a bit for a little more honey zing. I was pleasantly surprised that they didn’t have a strong coconut flavor to them. I appreciate the low amount of coconut flour (oh the cost!), and the low yield, which prevents me from trying to eat them all, because “So I ate 3, there’s still 9 left…”. :D

7. REBECCA says:

Great recipe! So easy and quick and great flavor! I can’t wait to try other variations. Thanks so much!

8. Love it! This is an awesome basic muffin recipe. I have made these with lemon and poppyseed, raspberries, zucchini, and peaches (not all together, lol). Thank you so much for this recipe!

9. Coconut flour that is:)

10. Is the amount of cocusflour correct? 1/4 cup seems incorrect, my muffins totally went wrong! :(

11. Your Pinterest shares were at 666, so I had to pin this just to change that lol. But I will make them…they look yummy.

12. I made a regular size batch just to try them. They were such a hit (with me and all four kids) that I immediately made a double batch! I’ll add blueberries next time for the kids. THANK YOU!

Question: I don’t have silicon muffin cups. Are there any tricks you’d recommend to keep them from sticking?

13. So Yummy! Not as pretty looking as yours, but even hubby likes them, so awesome. So glad I stumbled on you and all due to instagram!

14. I just made these to go with chili and they are AWESOME!! I always make a double batch and they never make it through the night. Actually, I have chili left, but no muffins…LOL. This time, I didn’t have any coconut milk, so I just used heavy cream, still amazing.

George, you are so good to us to develop these wonderful recipes and share them with us, thank you so much.

15. Sooooooo goooood!
    Made them this morning, and eating them right now. Doubble batch ;)
    Next time I’ll take less honey, And do the Lemon-poppy seed flavour one of your readers mentioned ;)

Thanks a lot, any my kidds love them too.

16. Oh. Em. Gee! This is amazing! I’ve tried paleo muffin recipes before and this was by far the simplest and most delicious so far. I made these into little mini-muffins (baked for 8 mins and came out perfectly)! These are so great for a snack or super quick breakfast with a hard boiled egg! Love it! And thank you, thank you, thank you!

17. My mom made these with the pecans, and they were amazing!

18. When u say coconut milk do you mean in t
    he can or the box milk?

19. Frufouspoofus says:

So easy and super delish! I will definitely making these on the regular! Thanks

20. Another Home Run! These sound amazing. I should just change my Instagram handle to @BakingwithGeorge :-)

21. Sorry but a question. Do you melt the coconut oil before adding? Thanks :)

22. These look great, but was wondering: Think almond milk would work instead of coconut milk? Love all your recipes. Thanks for sharing them!!

23. Zoo crew mom says:

Could I use almond meal instead of coconut flour?

24. I am making these later, but I can already see using this recipe as a “base” of sorts. I used to make a similar recipe with oats. The basic ingredients stayed the same (flour, honey, eggs, etc.), but I would change out the extras to make different flavors like blueberry, lemon poppy seed (lemon extract, zest, and poppyseeds), almond poppyseed (almond extract and poppyseeds), banana (maybe replace one egg + the 2 tbsp. of coconut milk with mashed banana?), apple “pie” (chopped apples and apple pie spices) etc.. I can’t wait to try this recipe! Thanks!

25. Can they be made without honey (for a sugar-free diet)?

26. Just sent my mom this recipe, she said she would bake them today!

27. Made these tonight but used maple syrup instead of honey (I ran out) and I added some cinnamon… VERY good! The kids loved them too! Thanks!

28. OMG THESE MUFFINS ARE DA BOMB.COM. Made them with olive oil, normal milk and walnut instead!

29. Used lemon extract instead of vanilla and a touch of lemon zest for texture. So good as a treat!!!

30. Omg, these are soooo good…I just made them (eating one hot right now) and I love them…They’re not too sweet, which makes them perfect for a cornbread muffin replacement…Thank you so much for all of your recipes, you ROCK!!

31. My go to muffins! Ivebmade them with pecans and blueberries, both are DELISH!

32. Dibird98 says:

Made these today, added walnuts and dark chocolate

33. Amstarema says:

These were great! I used paper muffin liners and these stuck to them. Stupid question but should I just oil the muffin pan instead or did you guys have issues with them sticking? Regardless I loved the taste! Thanks so much George for sharing! :)

34. I love these Too brandy, thanks for stopping by

35. Enjoyed these this morning with my nitrate-free bacon & eggs! I used walnuts….very tasty!!

36. these were so good!!!!!!

37. Anonymous says:

Excellent muffins with my black coffee…

38. I love this one too

39. Made these without the pecans, but added blueberries. So good! I love the versatility of this recipe. The little one approves, too!

40. Oh I absolutely love these, so glad you do too

41. These are excellent!! I made them last night & between my husband & I we have eaten 5.

42. Can't wait to hear about your variations. Enjoy

43. simotoppy says:

Just made the basic version for the first time this AM. Came out great, looking forward to making flavor combinations like @Japwhican suggests. Thanks for sharing!

44. MandyGirl says:

These have definately become my new favorite treat

45. Japwhican says:

OMG, I did use the pecans. So good. I'm going to have a hard time not eating all 6 now. Going to use this as a base even and add other things like ham and spinach, banana, blueberries etc…THANKS! So enjoying these :)

46. Yipee let me know how you like them