Chocolate Ice Cream

post banner cavemanfeast Chocolate Ice Cream

So this recipe completely replaced any soft serve chocolate ice cream I used to eat, THIS IS AMAZING.  Really no other way to describe this but pure heaven in a bowl and it is super simple.  This will be an amazing tool out there for those parents whose kids have sweet teeth, if they are gonna eat it might as well be Paleo and Crap free.  Hope you enjoy.

chocolateicecream 1024x768 Chocolate Ice Cream

5.0 from 13 reviews
Chocolate Ice Cream

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Serves: 3
Instructions
  1. Place your cold coconut milk, honey, vanilla, and cacao powder in a blender and mix well
  2. Place your frozen bowl for your ice cream maker in the machine and start it, immediately pour your coconut milk in and let the process begin
  3. It will take anywhere from 10-20 minutes, keeping your ingredients cold helps it set faster
  4. Once done, transfer your ice cream to another bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour to help set it more
  5. Enjoy

****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****

Email subscription

Never miss a new recipe, get them delivered to your inbox weekly

arrow orange Chocolate Ice Cream

Chocolate Ice Cream  Chocolate Ice Cream  Chocolate Ice Cream  Chocolate Ice Cream

Comments

1. LocoDiablo says:

Ive been following your page on facebook for a while now. Making some of the recipes I’ve found on there, and incorporating them into my diet. Its only the last six months Ive been able to seriously take time to work on myself properly, (I am pleased with myself though for losing over 57 kg in the previous 2 1/2 years even with my hit and miss methods, though I still have a way to go,) life doesnt always make things easy.

With recipes like this ice cream i am able to help change my childrens diets as well which makes it easier all round. Not only because im not having to make two seperate meals, theirs & mine, but also because gradually changing them onto a more paleo based diet helps with my boys disabilities as well. So thank you for taking the time to do the things you do, and Im off to make another batch of cohocolate blueberry icecream :)

2. Stephanie says:

Seriously?!?? SERIOUSLY?!!?!? Made this last night….oh. my. gosh!!!! I wish I would have found this/made this recipe YEARS ago! I figured it would be great, b/c you created it and everything I’ve made from this website has been delicious, but holy CRAP is that good!!! lol. I may have found a new addiction. Added bonus: It’s SOOO stinkin’ easy to make!

All I can say is….thank you. so much! :)

3. Anne Rodkin says:

Made this yesterday and it was AWESOME!! And it doesn’t get any easier than this. I topped mine with some fresh raspberries. What a great Paleo treat.

4. Hey is there a way to make this without an ice cream maker?

5. We are eating Keto rather than Paleo, and so I made this but subbed the honey with truvia and a splash of sugar free hazelnut DaVinci Syrup. Simply AMAZING. Thank you for sharing

6. OMG OMG!! How do I put into words how amazing this is?! I can’t! So I’ll just say- O.M.G.!!!

7. Lori Carroll says:

I modified this a little this morning (BTW, the chocolate is awesome… just not as awesome when you use orange blossom honey instead of plain raw honey…) Anyhoo… used the coconut milk, vanilla and the raw orange blossom honey (it worked GREAT in my modification)… then added crushed pineapple, chopped macadamia nuts, and finely shredded unsweetened coconut. O… M… G… Hawaii in a bowl. I think I have died and gone to heaven.

8. Lori Carroll says:

I modified this a bit this morning… used the coconut milk, raw honey (locally produced orange blossom honey was great for what I did this morning… but not so great in chocolate) and vanilla. Added pureed pineapple, chopped macadamia nuts and finely shredded unsweetened coconut. O… M… G… it was Hawaii in a bowl!!!

9. This ice cream is AMAZING!!! I’ve been making it almost every night with full-fat coconut milk and pecans. Reminds me of my favorite chocolate ice cream from when I was a kid but better! Seriously fabulous! :)

10. HOLY MOLEY!!! I just made ice cream for the first time ever this morning, and this ROCKS!!! I added a little bit of unsweetened shredded coconut and some sliced almonds at the end to blend in… it’s in the freezer now, but couldn’t help but take a little taste before it went in… O… M… G!!!! I thought I liked So Delicious, but this is awesome!! Next recipe for me is gonna be a coconut ice cream with bits of pineapple and chopped macadamias… oh, you’ve created a monster here!!

11. Kristin W. says:

Wow! Super easy and yummy recipe my entire family enjoyed and super quick to make. Thank you.

12. NovemberRain says:

I bet you could freeze your 14 ounces of coconut milk in ice cube trays, and then toss the cubes in the vitamix with the other ingredients. :)

13. I don’t have an ice cream maker either – any other options?!

14. I made this ice cream last night. It was the easiest, creamiest, best ice cream!! Yummo!!! Thanks George

15. mary bell lunsford says:

As I don’t have an ice cream maker…..is there another way to do this….maybe just freeze?

16. Can’t wait to give this a go. Is there any reason you use lite coconut milk instead of full fat?

17. Caitlin says:

This is the best chocolate ice cream ever!! Thank you so much for such an awesome recipe!

18. Jay Louise says:

Can you recommend a no-sugar substitute for the honey?

19. I love this! Am so excited to try it. How is the texture?

~ Tiffany

20. Many moons ago my kids learned how to make icecream by using two nesting coffee cans with tite fitting plastic lids. Ice between the two cans. Rolling the nested, lidded cans back&forth for 10-20 mins and voila icecream! Would this recipe work w/that method?

21. Let me know how it comes out in the vitamix

22. Anonymous says:

Since I don't have an ice cream machine, I'll try to make it with the Vitamix, looks delicious!

23. Or as Dia said Maple Syrup lol

24. Maple syrup!

25. Pennypritty1 you don't need honey if you don't want it or you can use agave nectar

26. pennypritty1 says:

Puleeze tell me there's an alternative to the honey, George? I never liked honey before lowcarbing/paleo… I sooo want to make this though.

27. Elena Pascal says:

I don't have an ice cream maker so I followed the instructions then put it in the blender with ice. Add ice to the consistency you like and it's done! Ours was like a thick milkshake. My kids and I topped with finely sliced almonds. So good!

28. Sharon Burress says:

After a $20 fiasco when I tried making 2 quarts of a Nourishing Traditions ice cream recipe, I was happy to find one so inexpensive to try. We just had it as our Sunday Dinner treat and it was fabulous! I used the full fat kind of coconut milk (I do better if my fat grams are way up there), but followed your recipe in every other way to the letter. I am thrilled with it! I think spooning the mixture into my popsicle molds will also make wonderful chocolate popsicles. Thanks for a great tasting and easy to make treat, George!

29. Anonymous says:

Psyched I found this. I walked around the supermarket with an empty bucket of Steve's in the hopes I would find a recipe! It just came out of the oven. Can't wait to try it!

30. Thanks George! I guess I didn't fully freeze the bowl.

31. Kim was your coconut milk completely refrigerated and was your ice cream maker fully frozen. The bowl has to be frozen at least 24 hours and the coconut milk should be the same.

32. I'm making this recipe, but it's been in the ice cream maker for 30 minutes and is still almost pure liquid. Any suggestions?

33. michelle says:

Just made this for a weekend treat and reward for training ;), Added slivered almonds to mine and YUM!!!

34. 14 Ounces

35. Anonymous says:

How big is the can of coconut milk?

36. Yipee so glad you liked it

37. This was AMAZING!!! We just bought an ice cream maker Sunday & this was the first recipe we tried. My kids absolutely loved it. What a perfect Paleo treat!

38. Is there anyway to make this without machine??

39. Cocoa

40. Are you using cacao powder or cocoa powder for this one?

41. The cuisineart ice cream maker. It is super effective and easy to use

42. Oh geez…a second excellent ice cream recipe and the maker isn't frozen yet…now I have to decide fruit or chocolate first?

43. Great Recipe, wish I had an Ice Cream maker! Which one are you using?