So here is a classic completely Paleoized (Don’t think that is a word yet, but if we keep all this deliciousness up I am sure we can get it added to Websters). I wrote this recipe at work one day and waited a couple days to make it, after I ate them all I decided to never wait that long again because they were amazing. Also some props to myself on this one, after I was done cooking them I realized I had no dipping sauce for them (Not like they needed one) but grabbed what I had on my counter and came up with a Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations Original, my Spicy Pineapple Sauce. Hope you enjoy.
- 12 large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and butterflied
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup pineapple, freshly diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed (optional), and chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 of white onion, diced (can use red onion too)
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, shiny side down.
- In a ziploc bag, combine the almond flour, coconut, garlic, cumin and pepper of your choice.
- Beat the egg whites in a small bowl.
- Coat all the shrimp generously in the egg wash and then place them all in the ziploc bag.
- Shake the bag and make sure you evenly coat all the shrimp with the breading mixture in the bag.
- Remove the shrimp from the bag and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes on the middle rack of your oven, flip them all over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the dipping sauce.
- Place all of the sauce ingredients in your food processor.
- Turn on high and keep mixing until you get a slightly chunky but more smooth dipping sauce consistency.
- Serve in a bowl on the side with your shrimp or garnish your plate with it.
So that sauce was completely experimental and came out amazing. Since I made it I have used it on eggs, chicken, and buffalo shrimp. The combination with the spicy buffalo sauce and the sweet tangy pineapple was amazing.
***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate***