So I got an amazing new toy a couple weeks ago and I have been putting some serious miles on it. It is the most amazing tool any meat lover would kill for. It’s a Royall 3000 Wood Pellet Grill and it seriously changed my life. I mean I am sure there are plenty of BBQ “professionals” out there that may knock me or anyone for using a pellet grill, but who gives a S*#T what they think. I personally love the idea of plugging my smoker in, setting the dial and being able to let it cook through the night, or run throughout the day without being glued to it. I could flip through the pages of a dictionary to try and find some adjectives to first describe the grill and then to describe my happiness but that would take too long. Just know that these grills are all made in the USA and are of amazing quality and craftsmanship. For all of you that actually take the time to read my blog too, here is a spoiler, I will be giving away a smoker sometime in the near future so make sure you keep an eye out. If you want a head start you can go over and Like Royall Grills on Facebook now since you know that will be a requirement. Oh and here is a picture of this amazing grill in action:
Yea so enough about the cooking method, lets just talk about food now. Since you all know I will always be a fat kid at heart, I love food and I am going to talk about it for a minute. That is for the 2 of you that are still reading this. So first off, the ribs pictured above were absolutely amazing but they needed some yumminess to go along with them. Well my lazy ass didn’t want to create anything special so I just looked back into my arsenal of recipes and remembered my last amazing encounter with my Mango Guacamole and decided to reunite myself. Now we are about to get serious in a sentence or two so get ready, but before then let me tell you that when I was done making this heaven in a bowl, I realized I had nothing to eat with it. That is where my Awesome-sauce friend Juli from PaleOMG comes into the picture. Now as some of you may know, I have talked about Juli before, pretty much cause she is a bad-ass chick and kicks ass on a daily basis, yea thats really the only reason. Everything else falls under that umbrella. Well she is a really humble lady and doesn’t realize how BOOM.COM her or her recipes are. Well that’s where we come into play, I made her Sweet Potato Chips and Bacon Meatballs to go with my Mango Gaucamole (I didn’t forget about the serious convo, its coming in a minute) and they were perfect. But I would expect nothing less then deliciousness from this girl, she is legit so do me a favor and go check out her site or like her on Facebook. Oh and in the unlikely event that you are weird, and don’t like food, you will still laugh your ass off reading all her posts so go anyways.
Ok now time for that serious conversation, and I have to admit this is going to be tough for me but I will do my best. They always say that the first step to recovery is admitting your faults. Well here it goes, remember a few paragraphs ago I reminded you of rekindling my relationship with my Mango Guacamole, well its a little deeper than that. I can honestly say that I believe I have an addiction and even if I knew the steps to recovery, I wouldn’t want to ever break this addiction. It’s so bad I am about to give you a list of all the reasons I love it. So here you go, my confessions:
- I think about Mango Guacamole 24 Hours a day
- I crave it no matter what I am doing throughout the day. i.e – working out, sleeping, working, etc
- I can never get enough of it, NEVER
- I can eat it on EVERYTHING, you name it and it will go down with Mango Guacamole
- No matter what is going on in my life, when I get Mango Guacamole I go to instant happiness
- I am so addicted to Mango Guacamole that I feel like I need to hide it in public, almost like it is inappropriate to have in public
- I feel like my life is complete when I finish off a whole bag of plantain chips and a full batch of Mango Guacamole
- The best feeling is sharing Mango Guacamole with someone with a similar addiction, everything is better with company
- The anticipation alone of having Mango Guacamole can give me something to look forward to for days, weeks, months, or years
- I love for that moment when the first bit of Mango Guacamole touches my tongue, it’s a sensation that is beyond describable but at the same time you can never get enough of
- The level of comfort it provides is beyond belief. That moment when I get Mango Guacamole makes me forget about all other things in the world and I am at peace in that moment
- The way it stimulates all my senses is amazing. The site of it just makes my mouth water thinking about how good it will taste. The smell of it can reel me in the second I get the slightest hint of it and its so amazing to have that smell linger long after it is gone. Then there is the taste, the amazing chemical reactions that occur when it touches my tongue and triggers my brain to release all the hormones that control the ultimate pleasure.
Now I know that was deep, and I want to thank all of you for taking that journey with me. I hope it helps some of you along the way just accept your addictions and enjoy every bit of them. MY NAME IS GEORGE, AND I LOVE MY ADDICTION TO MANGO GUACAMOLE.
- Stolen from my awesome friend Juli again, get the recipe HERE and sub blackberries for blueberries.
- Follow the directions for the BBQ sauce from Juli that is linked above or HERE
- I would type out all the directions for the ribs, but one of my great friends Ken who introduced me to this amazing grill has done all the work for me already. Head over to his page right Date Night Doins HERE for the directions and just use my Caveman Rub for the recipe
- I did things a little differently following the 3-2-1 Method. 3 Hours in the smoke spraying with my Mop sauce of 1 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar and 3 Tbsp of the Caveman Rub every 45 Minutes. 2 Hours wrapped in aluminum foil hanging out in the smoke. 1 Hour back in the smoke topped with the blackberry BBQ Sauce
- No matter what kind of smoker you are using, try and keep the temperature anywhere from 160-220 and your ribs are done when the internal temperature is 165 degrees farenheit. I used Hickory Wood
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****