Trying to Fund my way to the Ancestral Healthy Symposium in August on an underpaid Marine’s salary who runs a website for free and I need help. If you can help please hit the donate button on the right side of my page here or support me by buying my awesome new TShirts. I don’t ask for much but this would mean the world to me ’cause I dedicate every spare minute I have keeping this site up to help anyone I can. I just need a little help now.
Ok, so I have a confession to make, when I was in Austin, I ate at the same restaurant 3 times. I developed an unhealthy addiction to 24 Diner due to their AMAZING food and awesome wait staff. Oh and even better, I ordered the same thing EVERYTIME. I got their GIBOSTIC New York sirloin over a bed of a ridiculous amount of sweet potatoes, at least 1 pound topped with 3 fried eggs. Yes you read that right, I am a FAT KID. But thats not the point of this story, I am trying to tell you why I have been on a pork chop kick lately. Not working huh? I am such a scatter brained mess sometimes. But oh yea, the pork chops, well all my awesome friends Balanced Bites, Jimmy Moore, Nom Nom Paleo and a few others all order this pork chop that put my 12 ounce steak to shame. Well, needless to say I decided when I started dreaming about it, it was time to make my own. Thats where this recipe came from.
- Rinse your pork chops with cold water and pat dry
- Rub your pork chops with your lime avocado oil and then season to taste (If you don’t have avocado oil, use high quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and the juice of 1-2 limes to marinate and then garnish with fresh avocado)
- Drizzle with honey and then cover and place in the refrigerator for a few hours to marinate
- Now if you have a smoker, you want to preheat it for a cold smoke, about 180-200 Degrees, if not preheat your oven to 350 degrees or your grill to a temperature about 400 Degrees
- Once your smoker is going, place your chops on there to soak up some smoke for about an hour. I used my Royall Grill with Hickory wood chips. Once they have smoked, remove them and then turn your smoker on high, about 400 degrees
- Now finish your pork chops until they reach an internal temperature of 155 degrees farenheit
- If your using your oven, just use a glass pyrex baking dish and cook to the same temperature and if you are grilling without smoking it should probably be about 8-10 minutes per side but using a meat thermometer is best
- Let your meat rest for about 10 minutes and then Enjoy
***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***