I apologize in advance if you don’t like hostility because this post might have some, I am going to do a quick rant on something that has been pissing me the F off in the Paleo/Primal community lately. But before then let me get out a few important reminders and updates first please, well actually only two of them but only after you see the photo of this recipe:
1. I am attending the Ancestral Health Symposium in August in Boston and as most of you may know, I don’t make the big bucks being an active duty Marine and running a website out of my personal funds for no profit. I am trying to offset the costs of the plane tickets, rental cars, lodging food etc and after PaleoFX put quite a large dent in my pocket I need some help and decided to ask. If you could please donate anything to help whether it be $1 or $100 (I’d hug you and need your address to send you something, especially if I figure out how to mail hugs, haha) it would be greatly appreciated. If you can’t help, I totally understand and will never change or stop doing what I am so I hope you still stick around. If you can please click on the donate button below or use the one on the right of my website:
2. Today makes day 18 of my 21(30 for me) Day Sugar Detox and I can honestly tell you, there is no better time for me to be doing this. Work has been stressful, the website stressful, not working out due to energy etc and being in complete control of my body and its cravings has been wonderful. I have managed to stay super lean throughout the stress, get quality sleep with as little as it may be and still be full of energy. This 30 Day Detox may turn into a permanent thing with just maybe a once a month piece of fruit or reincorporating some safe starches when I start training again. But besides those this is sticking. I highly recommend EVERYONE get this program and keep it in their tool box and do it, you will love yourself for it. Interested? Click on the picture:
I am going to try my best to keep this short and will probably not flow well but I am really F@#KING pissed off. If I read about, hear about, or see another friggen internet bully prancing around the inter webs leaving discouraging comments I am gonna lose my shit. I know us bloggers are in the “public” eye and put ourselves out there for whatever criticisms people may feel the need to express, but Jesus if you have nothing positive to say just keep your damn fingers off the keyboard. No one is forcing you to read our pages, no one is holding your feet to the fire forcing you to eat paleo, or eat primal, or cut out dairy, or be a vegetarian or anything for that matter. So if you don’t friggen like it, just leave. I mean, I personally have no problems with the haters on my page, cause lets be honest, they are hiding their own insecurities by trying to exploit mine or others for that matters. And trust me, nothing they say is going to affect me, because I can honestly say that while they have slept in their beds comfortably at night, I have been to places they have had nightmares about. I don’t need to say anything about any of that though, I know and I know being the bigger person is right, but I am really sick of seeing attacks on all the wonderful people I have in my life.
It started with my amazing friend Nom Nom Paleo and some ass clown commenting on Paleo/Primal women looking not as lean as the men etc blah blah blah. Luckily I have some amazing friends and Laura from Ancestralize Me, rebutted that shit with style, you can read it HERE. I felt better after Laura whooped that internet ass and then the haters struck again with my awesome friends Stacy and Matt from Paleo Parents. I don’t care what your opinion is, when a family has lost over a combined 200 lbs of weight and regained their lives, if you have nothing nice to say, then shove your F@#KING foot in your mouth. Once again, I did not have to say a thing, Stacy and Matt wrote an amazing article on being the Fattest People in Paleo and that took care of that. And lastly, the one that struck my nerve was when some self absorbed prick who lives within 5 minutes of me attacked my Best Friend Jessi on her new blog I helped her start, PaleoFriggenDelish. You want to see his comments, read the Plantain and Apple Crisp post HERE. Jessi called me and asked how to deal with a hater, I talked her through it the best I could and saved my anger until we were off the phone. Not only did this prick quote a bunch of bullshit articles that were unapplicable to anything Jessi was talking about, he made a personal stab at her about coffee. You see Jessi is my amazing Barista at Ryan Bros Coffee in Temecula, CA, and this guy is a customer. He crossed a line that wasn’t even approached with her clearly separating her work from her blog and it needs to be addressed. She has done an amazing job of being professional there but he has been making it a point to have conversations with her and interact with her, knowing she has not the most respect for him. Well, I would never do anything to stoop to the level of someone like this, but you can bet your ass when I am sitting in that coffee shop and he goes to have a conversation with my best friend, who has made such an amazing change in her life to benefit herself, and push some negativity down her throat, he will have to have a nice conversation with me. I can’t wait for him to preach Paleo to me and how it doesn’t work. Can’t wait for him to try and call me fat or unhealthy. I look forward to the stumped look on his face when his wikipedia education diminishes as his phone dies and he is left looking like an uneducated asshole for even trying to bump someone off their path of self improvement. So I suppose I should close this rant with a principle we were all taught as kids: If you don’t have anything nice to say, Keep your mouth SHUT!!!!!!!
Thank you to all my fans and readers who are always so supportive in this community, we will let the haters work themselves out and keep loving each other, hell we will even love the haters. I know I was angry up there, but I will kill them with kindness, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
- If using wood skewers, soak for 20 minutes in water prior to cooking.
- Preheat your grill for a medium-high heat.
- Place all of your ingredients in a mixing bowl and ensure you get a nice even coating. Use enough olive oil to lightly coat everything.
- Once your skewers are soaked, start alternately threading your ingredients onto your skewers, steak, pepper, onion, tomato and so on.
- Once done, grill for 8-10 minutes uncovered turning occasionally for medium-rare to medium steaks.
- Once done serve with a side dish of your choice, I recommend my Sweet potato mash or Grilled Broccoli with Almond Dressing.
- Alternately you can include any fruits of your liking that you like grilled as well
***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***