Ok, so I have totally talked about my Homegirl Juli before from PaleOMG but just in case you forgot, here is a new reminder as to why she is a badass and why you should go straight to her page and start laughing your ass off. First off, that amazing picture you see above, well maybe not amazing cause I was totally rushing to get a decent picture so I could eat it, but never less the less, there is a picture there, and it is Paleogasmic if I must say so myself. It is her Smoky Bacon Chili recipe and will probably change your life. I am by no means a soap box kinda guy, if someone does something amazing, I am sure as hell gonna tell you and send you that way, this is such a case.
So here is the deal, this is what I recommend you doing at your earliest convenience and in the exact order I state (you can ignore that part but I know out of my 3 readers, maybe one will listen, haha)
1. Go make your grocery list of all the ingredients listed in this recipe, actually I will help you, here they are:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 slices of bacon, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14 ounces of fire roasted tomatoes
- 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp cayenne
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3 Sweet potatoes, AT A MINIMUM haha
2. Get in your car, first stop, local coffee shop (cause they are way better than Starbucks, keep it local people) to get your favorite Paleo beverage. My recommendation is a Venti Americano, if Juli was telling you this, she would order you get it with heavy cream to change your life, she is probably right I just can’t tolerate it.
3. Next stop, farmers market if possible, if not wherever you buy your grubs, buy it and rush home
4. Follow all of Juli’s instructions for the recipe which again are located here but in summary I think they go like this:
- Cook bacon
- Add veggies
- Add meat and spices
- Add tomato stuff
- Stir and eat
5. The above is just a cliff notes version, I can not be held responsible if you follow those and it doesn’t work haha.
6. Now that your stuff is cooking and you are about 20 minutes away from having a Paleogasmic meal, the following needs to be accomplished:
- Go like Juli’s Facebook page PaleOMG
- Start reading her blog posts for your daily dose of humor, a few examples:
- After you have wet yourself with either excitement or laughter, finish her recipe and go tell her how much you love her blog and food so she knows how awesome she is, I tell her but she doesn’t listen
7. And the last and final step, don’t be greedy, share her page with your friends, my page with your friends, and just spread the love. We are just one big happy family who wants to make sure everyone eats good. Thats all and I love all of you.