Hey everyone. I am so excited to bring you all this amazing Guest post, but before I do I have some BIG news. I finally started my Youtube Channel and I started with a video to just say thank you to all of you. Every reader, every visitor, every family member and every friend who have supported me up until this point and will continue to do so going forward. This is an amazing recipe and I am happy with my first video so watch below and then get to cooking :)
Here is the delicious recipe from Ali, the creative genius behind Inspiralized.
Whether you’re craving a big takeout container full of shrimp lo-mein or you’re jonesin’ for a bowl of beef bolognese, I have the best (and still Paleo!) way to satisfy your craving: zucchini noodles. Who am I and how do I know this? I’m Ali, the blogger at Inspiralized, a food blog dedicated to cooking with the spiralizer, the kitchen countertop tool that turns vegetables into noodles in seconds. Paleo eaters don’t have to give up pasta or noodles any longer, once they discover the powers of the spiralizer. Not only are these noodles Paleo, they’re low-cal, low-carb, low-fat, gluten-free and most importantly, you’re eating vegetables that leave you feeling light yet full, thanks to their rich nutrient and fiber content.
Once your spiralizer arrives, you’ll be making your favorite Italian pastas and Asian noodle dishes in no time. Today, we have a warm and comforting beef and zucchini noodle soup, spruced up with baby bok choy, shitake mushrooms, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. The coconut aminos tops it all off, you won’t realize you’re eating a bowl of vegetables. Grab your chopsticks and enjoy!
- 1/2 large zucchini, peeled, spiralized
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 oz NY strip steak, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cups chicken broth, homemade
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 head of baby bok choy, roughly chopped (about 3″ pieces)
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms (about 6 mushrooms)
- 1/4 heaping cup chopped green onions
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the beef cubes with salt, pepper and lightly pat with olive oil.
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat and add in 1 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Once the oil heats, add in the garlic.
- Once the garlic heats, add in the beef and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side or until it is still rare in the middle but seared on the outsides.
- Remove from the saucepan, leaving in the garlic, and set aside.
- Place the rest of the olive oil in the same saucepan and add in the red pepper flakes, bok choy and mushrooms. Stir to combine and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the water and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, add in the coconut aminos. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the beef, zucchini noodles, and half of the green onions. Cook for 2 minutes and then pour into a bowl.
- Top with remaining green onions and enjoy!
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****