I have been getting a ton of questions lately about what I eat for breakfast, or what people can prepare in advance to grab for breakfast. I already have a few awesome recipes that can be used. Make my Paleo Banana Bread in muffin form and grab them and go. Make my Paleo Pancakes and freeze them in advance. Or make my other varieties of scones I already have posted; cranberry orange and blueberry chocolate chip. If none of those tickle your fancy, I am here to save the day again with this delicious new recipe I created. It has been tested and approved at one of the amazing local establishments in Temecula. Thank you to the amazing Leah who owns E.A.T. Marketplace and is making waves in the real food and slow food movement. She took these and sold them in her marketplace, people loved them and no one knew they were Paleo, awesome.
From start to finish, these delicious treats took me maybe 20 minutes including cooking time so these are a great night time snack to bake up and keep on hand. Of course, you can always modify these to your liking. You can add fruit, you can add chocolate, or any other flavors that make your mouth water. If you do though, please leave me a comment and share your culinary creations with me. I love reading about all your creativity and trying to incorporate it into my cooking.
One thing you may notice, is I started using grams in the recipes. It is a little more effort but if it can help just one of you I will make it happen as often as I can. Do you find it helpful or is there something else you would like to see? Let me clarify, in the formatting of the recipe. Not to be blunt, well actually yes to be blunt, I am not going to start calculating nutritional information on my recipes. I share with you all the food I make myself and that is not something I track. There are some awesome sites like Fit Day and My Fitness Pal that make it easy if you are interested. I will not steal anymore of your time, as always thank you for the support and if you love my recipes, please share them. It helps me deliver more awesome content.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 Celsius)
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, apple, shredded coconut, cinnamon, baking soda, and sea salt
- In a smaller bowl, mix the egg and honey until well blended
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well
- Knead the dough with your hands if necessary to ensure an even distribution of ingredients
- Form dough into 2 circles approximately ½ inch thick
- Cut each circle like a pizza into 6 or 8 slices depending on the size you want your scones
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through
***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***