I had a request on the page last week for some Paleo hot wings which in itself isn’t that difficult of a task but given my overly busy lifestyle of course I had to do it in a crock pot. You can always do these in a baking dish in an oven at 350 until done if you so choose, just use about half the water. Well here is the simplest of recipes I could come up with, you can spice up however you like. I added some cayenne to mine to kick up the spice, hope you Enjoy :)
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup grass fed butter (you can use coconut oil instead)
- 3/4 cup franks red hot sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- black pepper
- Combine your butter, franks, and water in a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Line the bottom of your crock pot with your drumsticks, or wing, or thighs.
- Pepper your chicken to your taste liking
- Take your sauce mixture and poor it over all of your chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours
- Once done, remove chicken and place on a baking sheet
- Pour your sauce in a sauce pan, add 2 cloves of garlic and reduce down by about half
- Use this sauce to baste your wings and then broil in the oven on high for 3-5 minutes to get crispy
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****